UFO catchers Singapore!
about link home
Interesting UFO Catcher Machines in Japan
Saturday, September 19, 2015 | 6:47 AM | 1 comments

I'm finally back from my exchange / travelling trip in Japan. I'm really excited to share some of the cool machine setup that I encountered in many different parts of Japan. Scroll down and you'll see the detailed description of each UFO catcher setup :)

If you have any other interesting ones to share, feel free to email pics and description to me at Donuthings@gmail.com and I will add them to this post. Don't forget to let me know how to properly credit you by providing me your name, or website details.

Note: Game centres usually do not allow photography, so to supplement this post, I took some images from the web.

Have fun with this post!




Me at AEON Mall, Akita, Japan

Basically, you have to use the UFO claw to pick the detergent bottle up and the claw will move to the area on top of the ball to drop it. 
It's not a sure-win setup, because the prize may bounce back onto the platform. 
Only prizes which drop down are counted as a win :) 
It's interesting isn't it? Akita's a rural prefecture in Japan and I think their main target audience are housewives and not teenagers. That explains the kind of stuff they have in the UFO catchers. 


AEON Mall, Akita, Japan

This is becoming a very popular setup around Japan! You will need to use the claws to scrape the yellow plastic plate off from the rod. It takes many tries and it probably costs more than 1000円 to get it. It's very common to see people give up playing because it takes many tries to see progress. 

Taken at a locally run game centre, Dotonbori, Osaka

It looked so easy! Honestly speaking, my friends and I did not win this after countless attempts. It's a painfully slow process and I believe it will require another 10 tries to make it drop. 
THIS VIDEO shows a similar setup :) 


AEON Mall, Akita, Japan

This is very easy! Just roll the disney tsum tsum purse down either side of the machine and it is considered a win. 



(Click the video to play)
Credits: sansimai TV 

I LOVE THIS SETUP. 
Basically just let luck decide if you win. I like it a lot because if you play enough times, you are guaranteed a prize. The ping pong balls must fall into one of the marked grooves of the takoyaki tray. Usually the marked groove is of different colour, or it is labelled with words like 'Win' or 'Prize'. Best of all, you get to choose which prize you want from the machine. Akita and Osaka has a lot of this kind of machines. 


Manga Souko, Akita, Japan

Live fish in the containers. Didnt see anyone play this machine... 
I saw a couple of such 'live catches' in Tokyo in their local shopping arcades too. Interesting.


More to come :)